I discovered this great site for artists today. Here is their “About Us” page:
MUTT Online was founded in 2010. There are no membership fees. MUTT is an acronym for Making Us Think Together.
MUTT Online is a networking site for writers, poets, photographers and artists. Members may post a profile, photo gallery, classified ad or compete in online contests. Profiles are also available for editors, literary agents, publishers and art galleries. We just added food and architectural photographers, as well as literary publicists to our categories. MUTT is the ultimate networking site for all who want to succeed in all forms of art. We have a Featured member of each category each month. MUTT also has a Golden Nugget section where members can gain worldwide exposure as well. There are also informative tutorials and articles by some of the leading professionals in all of these categories. MUTT charges no commissions on any work sold by members and all sales are strictly between the buyer and seller. Our message to our members is to “Promote yourself and maximize your exposure.”
Some of the services we provide are:
- The opportunity for four individuals who stand out in their respective areas to be featured and promoted each month.
- Directories of poets, authors, photographers and artists enabling publishers, editors, galleries, agents and suppliers to make informed choices regarding who will best represent them.
- Directories of galleries, publishers, editors, agents and suppliers to enable poets, authors, artists and photographers numerous options for their work.
- Lists of MFA’s and schools that inspire and educate creative individuals
- The opportunity for suppliers and vendors to reach individuals, schools and companies that can benefit from having access to quality materials to do quality work
- Classifieds that can be easily used by anyone seeking goods and services
- Tutorials that can provide relevant education for all of the focus areas
- Photo stock resources
- Lists of awards, workshops and conferences
- Online contests